Friday, January 1, 2016

No more New Years Resolutions!



"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

A new years resolution is something that we suddenly attempt to make a complete change about.  We try to take it in one leap and then when we don't immediately succeed in changing the habit or we do it for a little while and then slip, we give up on it completely.  From now on, I am setting GOALS for myself for the year.  That way, I can slowly work toward the change and then (hopefully) I will have more long lasting success.

Some of my GOALS for 2016 are:
1. To talk (or listen) to God and read from His word each morning before doing anything else!
2. To encourage someone every day!
3. To find joy in every situation (that illusive silver lining)
4. To slow down and NOT over-schedule myself and family
5. To enjoy the little things!

I will take it one day at a time and work towards my GOALS.  I may slip and stumble along the way, but I will not beat myself up for doing so because that would only bring me more discouragement.  I want to encourage others and spread joy each day and I can't do that if I myself am discouraged and feel as though I have failed.  I am not perfect and I will have setbacks because I am human.  I accept this and will praise God each step of the way whether I am on track of if I slip and stumble.

I hope each of you find joy and encouragement each new day that God gives us.  Remember, each day is a new blessing in itself!

Blessings to all,

~JaAnna

No comments: