Monday, February 20, 2012

1970's Lamp Project

 Here is my 1970's lamp project....

This was a green lamp (see below) that had white paint dripped on it from some years back.  I found it in the rental hues we bought and thought I would spruce it up a bit.  The appliances in the kitchen had silver and black trim, so I spray painted the entire frame metallic silver.  Then I took the black and sprayed it lightly over it to give it a speckled look.  The curtains in the house were white with sunflowers on them, which I love, so I found some green trim with pale yellow, green and pink beads and glued around the bottom of the top part of the lamp.  The entire project took about 30 minutes (not counting drying time) and cost about $5 since silver and black paint are always on hand at my house!





No comments: