Monday, November 29, 2010

Preparing for Christ

‎"The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God, as it is written in Isaiah the prophet: “I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way”, “a voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for Him.’” Mark 1:1-3 Isaiah prophesied of the coming Saviour, telling people to prepare for Him; yet when He came, many did not beleive it was Him. They were looking for a "royal" king to come in some grand manner. They just could not believe that our Saviour came to us as a baby, born to a young teenage mother and a carpenter, delivered in a stable with the ox and cows. He came to us completely humbled. It takes faith to believe. It takes the same faith to beleive that He will provide for us and take care of us. Maybe what we think we need, we really just want. If a stable was good enough for our Lord to come to this world in, then I think we could do with much less than we think we have to have.

I am going to spend the next month talking about preparing for Christ. I want to teach my kids that they can get by with much less than they have. I want to teach them the lessons that I have learned the hard way. I want them to be prepared for the next coming of Christ. I want to be prepared for the next coming of Christ. It is a constant learning and growth experience.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Blessings to everyone as we prepare for the Christmas season!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas all year long. With all the miracles and blessings from HIM all year, we should!

Unknown said...

Jim,

You are so right!!! We should celebrate Christ all year and be thankful everyday because He does take care of us and provide for us all the time! Blessings to you!!!!

JaAnna