Friday, January 31, 2014

Back to School!


What a week! The kids started at their new schools Monday and have now completed 1 1/2 days. They had an early release Tuesday due to the impending snow; school was closed Wednesday and Thursday; and they went back today at 11 am. So far, so good, though. They both seem to like it and are making new friends.

The emu's have survived the cold we've had this week. We have had some unusually cold temperatures here this winter. At least 2 nights it dipped into the single digits. (I know my friends up north are laughing, wondering what the big deal is, and my friends further to the south are sitting their with their mouths wide open, saying "bless your heart!".) We are not used to this kind of cold and neither are our animals. We have to make lots of extra preparations for them when our temperatures drop like that. There is good news... this weekend it is supposed to be 60! Our water will thaw back out.

I have been cleaning the house all week and have enlisted the kids help while they were out of school. We are showing it this weekend. Let's keep our fingers crossed... maybe this will be the one! Can you tell I'm getting excited about the move to the farm?

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I will try to be back later with a craft or recipe tonight.

Blessings,

JaAnna

Paisley Trading Co.

My Etsy Shop

No comments: