Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas craft - Tile Coasters


This was my Christmas project for all of the grandparents this year. I usually make something with photos of the kids, because, what else do you get grandparents?! This project was super easy! I bought a bunch of ceramic tiles for $0.16 each. I have Sharpie markers in all colors. I used the metallic gold to outline the edges of the tiles to give them a finished look. Then I baked the tiles for 30 minutes at 350 degrees to set the marker. I sized my pictures in Photoshop and printed on my inkjet printer. I spread a thin layer of Modge Podge on the tile and then placed my photos on the tiles. Then I put a thicker coat of Modge Podge on the photos covering the entire tile, making sure to squeeze out any air bubbles. After that coat dried I put another coat and then a third after that one had dried. Lastly I put 4 small felt circles on the bottom in each corner. Done!

I hope everyone has a great, crafty afternoon!

JaAnna

www.paisleytrading.com

No comments: