Saturday, January 2, 2016

Off and Running



"You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16

Well, January is off and running.  I know before I turn around, it will be February and I'll be left saying, "Where did January go?"!  It seems like Collin just came home, but he will be heading back to school next weekend to start the second semester of his Freshman year of college.  I still haven't actually adjusted to this whole "he's in college" thing.  In my mind, he's still in middle school, Karsan is in elementary school and Cassie is just a baby.  They are actually 18, 15 & 8.  I just really don't know where the time went!  I remember growing up hearing adults say "the older you get, the faster time goes".  Well, they weren't kidding!  I hear myself telling my kids the same thing and I wonder if they really believe me or just sigh and think, "I hope I never say that when I get old".  (I'm not old, just saying…)

One of my goals this year, is to have a family devotion time weekly.  It is so hard to get everyone together anymore.  I pray for my kids daily and one of the things I pray for is that they will seek God's guidance in their daily lives and decisions.  I pray that they will be a light for others; and that they will be blessed with at least a couple of Godly friends who can help keep them encouraged on their daily walk.  I also know that I must be a constant light and encouragement to them to set a good example for them.  Another goal this year is to always seek God's guidance in my decisions for the kids and in the way I handle situations with them, instead of reacting to the situation.  I want them to see the light in me, so that they will glorify God.  Then we can go out and shine our lights for others to see and glorify Him!

Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday!

~JaAnna

No comments: