Monday, January 4, 2016

Random thoughts



"What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ". 
Philippians 3:8

Well, Monday flew by and I really didn't accomplish a lot. I went back to work and starts digging through the pile of emails waiting for me after being off last week. Before I knew it,  it was lunch time. The afternoon and evening flew by just as fast.  It took me all day to get my bearings again and get organized so I am ready to hit the ground running tomorrow. That's my plan. Now I'll wait until tomorrow to find out God's plan.

After all that I  amazingly relaxed and joyful. I can only attribute it to God.  I am energized. I am sleepy. All at the same time.  I am so excited to talk about Jesus!  I want to write, I want to talk, I want to spread it around everywhere. I really want to impress the importance of putting Christ first to my kids and help create in them the desire to spread that around to their friends and peers. Teenagers are a difficult breed sometimes. i want them to put less importance on "stuff" and more on their hearts and their souls. I want them to put Christ first in all of their decisions, words, actions, music, books, and social media posts.  My best bet is talking to them about it frequently without coming across as preaching and setting an example. I should try to always encourage my kids and show them joy, even in discipline. If they can find joy there, they are on the right track!

Have a blessed day!!

~JaAnna

No comments: